Monday, December 28, 2009

34 things to accomplish

Some of you may know I had a birthday this month. I turned 34. I love reading blogs and I was inspired by Elsie's blog A Beautiful Mess. She posted about how she made a list of things to do before her next birthday. It got me thinking and I just loved the idea.
Why not make a goal list for the year based on your age?!?! I need to get myself focused and working towards a goal. For the last few years, I have felt like I am treading water in my life.


Not going anywhere.


Not growing.


Stuck in stagnant water


This is my time, my year to make things happen in my life. I can feel it. Something was different about this birthday. Most of the time my birthdays just wash over me and they aren't that special. I hope to keep this feeling going.

Of course, over the last week it hasn't been a great time. Too much snow, not getting out of the house. I am getting down in the dumps, but today the snow is shining on ice coated branches making the world seem it is made of glass. The snow flocked evergreens waiting patiently. Today is a day of renewal and change.

I hope everyone has a wonderful end to their year and a great start for 2010.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like you had a great time in Vegas! Also sounds like a wonderful idea to have 34 Goals for Age 34! Good luck to you and Happy New Year!

Ida Mae said...

HEY BIANCA!! I saw your comment on my blog and HAD to write. I love the idea of setting goals (34 to be exact) and I need to do the same. (I'm slightly older. I think I like your age better. HA) Or maybe I could use my "Wii age". he he Thanks for the compliments on my wall hangings. I had fun making them.

gina g said...

Hey! Happy Birthday Sweetie! I think the goal idea is wonderful and think I may make a journal page about it. I also wanted to say thank you for your notes about your personal weightloss journey throughout your blog. They inspire me to adjust to a better lifestyle too.
~hugs

Wanda said...

Howdy, Stranger! Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a great Christmas..we just got back tonight. List your 34 goals..I want to see, I want to see..I'm horribly nosy. :)

Bryanna Lenan said...

Bianca... lovely blog... and Vegas looks awesome!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! YAY for you... and good idea with the goals!!

I can't find your email address to email you my address... can you email me?

Thanks. Bryanna
bryannalenan@yahoo.com