Tuesday, March 17, 2009

First day on the job

Well, here it goes. I have been hired by the public school system here as a substitute para educator and I am taking my first sub job today. I freaked out a little on Sunday when I finally registered myself with the calling line. I barely got off the phone when it started calling me with positions needing filled. I did eventually calm down and I am going to do this. I am nervous and excited all at the same time. I haven't worked for almost a year and I can tell I'm getting stir crazy.

Also, everyone be careful out there today. Today marks the 7th anniversary of our BMW's demise. 7 years ago today we were driving home from the airport after dropping DH's aunt off. We were at a red light when a drunk driver rear ended us. This was at 9:30 in the morning. Please be careful out there and if you do feel the need for a green beer or three, make sure you have someone to drive you home.

Happy St. Patrick's Day

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey good luck out there! I hope your day goes well, it will be nice to possibly see a friendly face in the halls.

Mardi said...

Congrats on the job, how did it go?