Monday, July 7, 2008

How does one craft...



When ones craft supplies are in boxes? Many of you know that I am moving back to Nebraska. It's 7 days and counting when the truck comes to pick up all our goods. The last few weeks I have been purging 3/4 of my craft supplies and packing up the rest. When you are downsizing from a 3 bedroom to a 2 bedroom, the basics is all you can bring.



I had been itching to craft for the last couple of weeks but most of my things I was selling at a garage sale or I was packing. I was reading Vicki Chrisman's blog
and here was the answer to my prayers. She was sponsoring a card challenge for the first twenty to post on the blog. What a wonderful chance to work with some product that I can't get out here. With the help of Vicki and Crafty Secrets
I was able to do some cards with only a few of my supplies that I still have available to me.





I used some white bazzill since this was the only cardstock I could find and sprayed it with my Tattered Angels sprays to change the color. I also sprayed the lace. The frame I squeezed and smeared liquid pearls on it to color it up.


Same thing for the card here. I had white bazzill handy, but to take down the harshness of the white, I used creamy brown Colorbox chalk ink on the cardstock and on the edges of the other papers. A little glitz on the flower was done with Stickles. When I can get back to my stamps I will stamp a congratulations on the lined space and send the card off to my friend who is having a little girl in September.

I really enjoyed using the items in the package and I can't wait to find some Crafty Secrets when I get to Nebraska next week. Thanks Vicki!!!

No comments: