Monday, June 8, 2009

Work in Progress

Well, it's been awhile again since I have blogged. I have been working *gasp* at a long term position at one of the schools here. I decided to work for the public schools as a substitute para educator (fancy way of saying teacher's assistant). It has been a little crazy at times but I have enjoyed working for the schools. I plan on working next year as a sub also.

I have also been crafting in my spare time. I haven't been able to get into where all my supplies are but I have been doing some things that I can get to. Mainly I have been working on jewelry. I think I am going to open an etsy site and see if I can sell some things through there. Here are some photos of some things I have been working on.


These are some small canvas hangings I made for the teacher and para I worked with for the last month or so.

They really made me feel comfortable and part of the class I was working in.

The canvas are 3" square that I got at Dick Blick. The sayings are stamps from Paula Best. I just love the images and the sayings she has on her stamps. The canvas I painted using different techniques I learned in Paulette Insall's backgrounds class. It's online and I had so much fun taking the class.

This is a work in progress. I am in the "Thing with Wings" charm swap over at Faerie Dust Dreams. This has been a fun swap to work on. I have these started. I just need to wait for them to dry so I can get them finished. I am even making a couple of extra charms to use later.

Hopefully I won't be so long between posts from now on. Take care and remember to make time to do something for yourself.

No comments: